Episode 55: January 22, 2020 - The INSide Scoop: Getting FIT in 2020
Get Ready to Get FIT
Marlene Steinheiser, PhD, RN, CRNI®
Director of Clinical Education, INS
Marlene Steinheiser, PhD, RN, CRNI®, is the Infusion Nurses Society's director of clinical education. Dr. Steinheiser serves as lead nurse planner with American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and works collaboratively with the National Council on Education (NCOE) to plan educational content for all INS conferences. She also oversees the clinical direction, content, and implementation of all educational offerings on the INS LEARNING CENTER and serves as a clinical liaison with other nursing and health care organizations. Dr. Steinheiser has more than 30 years of nursing experience in acute care, home infusion/home care, long-term care, education, and regulatory environments. She received her PhD at the University of Arizona with a research focus on compassion fatigue within nursing.
Host: Dawn Berndt, DNP, RN, CRNI® – INS Clinical Education & Publications Manager
Guest: Marlene Steinheiser, PhD, RN, CRNI® - INS Director of Clinical Education
• INS Podcast has NEW NAME! INS Infusion Room. All previous episodes of Talking in Vein will remain available in the INS LEARNING CENTER.
• Celebrate IV Nurse Day – January 25!
• Applications are now open for INS 2020 Roundtable Discussion Leaders. Submit by February 3, 2020.
• Gardner Foundation Scholarship applications are due February 28, 2020.
• CRNI Certification – This is your year!
INS Fundamentals of Infusion Therapy
INS is proud to announce our newest endeavor, the Fundamentals of Infusion Therapy (FIT) program. FIT is a web-based, interactive educational tool developed in alignment with INS’ Infusion Therapy Standards of Practice. The FIT program consists of 8 modules with full motion graphics, videos, simulations, references, and critical thinking exercises that engage learners, while incorporating considerations for various health care settings and patient populations. This program is suited for nurses who are new to nursing practice, as well as experienced nurses wishing to advance their knowledge of infusion therapy best practices.
Join Marlene Steinheiser and Dawn Berndt as they discuss the impetus, content, learner impact, applicability and availability of the INS FIT program.
Dear IVy Answers Your Clinical Questions
Today Dear IVy tackles this question: “Does INS recommend that a chest X-ray be performed, to verify tip location on any central lines present on hospital admission?”
• Fundamentals of Infusion Therapy: https://www.learningcenter.ins...
• IV Nurse Day Merchandise: https://www.jimcolemanstore.co...
• Roundtable Discussion Leader: https://na.eventscloud.com/eho...
• Gardner Foundation Scholarship Application: https://images.magnetmail.net/...
• CRNI Certification: https://www.ins1.org/crni-cert...