Episode 69: November 11, 2020 - Innovation in Infusion Nursing: INS Innovation Award Winner Ellen Marrs
“Innovative leadership has had a significant impact on the standard of care in IV therapy across all Northside Hospital campuses. With established practices, education and training in place, the IV Therapy Team is central to improving infusion-related care.”
Ellen Marrs CRNI®, VA-BC
Ellen Marrs CRNI®, VA-BC, earned her associate degree and diploma at Jackson Memorial Hospital in Miami. She worked two years at Jackson, the Miami county hospital, on a neuro-surgical floor. She moved to Atlanta, Georgia where she worked for eight years at Shepherd Spinal Center. At Shepherd, she was in charge of a small intermediate care unit.
Ellen began working at Northside Hospital in 1990. She worked as a staff nurse and then became a PICC Specialist and the IV Therapy Clinician. Ellen then became a Service Coordinator, which is her current role. As IV Therapy Service Coordinator, she has been given the opportunity to steer her practice and do her best to maintain a standard of excellence. This has been a privilege and a challenge unlike any other. Patient care is first, and this is the shared value at Northside Hospital.
Host: Dawn Berndt, DNP, RN, CRNI® – INS Clinical Education & Publications Manager
· Ellen Marrs RN, CRNI®, VA-BC
· Lori M Brown BSN, RN, CRNI®, VA-BC
Join a conversation with CRNIs®, Ellen Marrs and Lori Brown from Northside Hospital, in Atlanta, GA. Ellen is the INS Innovation Award winner for 2020, having been nominated by Lori Brown. Listen as Ellen and Lori describe how innovation, clinical expertise, and strong organizational support have helped to successfully manage infusion-related patient care during the COVID-19 pandemic.
· The Infusion Excellence Award program recognizes leadership, education, research, innovation, and certification as categories most reflective of today’s infusion nurse and the infusion specialty. Nominate an infusion nurse today: www.ins1.org/membership/awards-and-recognition/
· Interested in CRNI Certification? Get information here: https://www.ins1.org/crni-certification/
· INS 2020 Virtual Conference – On Demand. Get information here: https://www.learningcenter.ins1.org/products/ins-2020-virtual-conference-recordings-package#tab-product_tab_sessions